AND THE NOMINEES ARE......
On Tuesday our jury nominated several concepts for the Grandma’s Design food design competition! The jury day in Amsterdam determined the shortlist of designers and their concepts for five categories. Each participant submitted a poster visualising a new food design concept inspired by a traditional recipe of their choice. AND THE NOMINEES ARE........*drum roll*
- Homemade/Handmade (Amélia Desnoyers) - inspired by Apple Pie with Abricots by Rosa
- Quick-Ready Cake Roof (Hannah Vranko) - inspired by Quick-Ready Cake by Annie & Martha
- The Recipe of User Guide (Sofia Badaoui, Anne-Axelle Bouilly, Marie Visonneau) - inspired by Cinderella Cake by Adriana
- Like Grandma (Alice Conquand, Caroline Fourier, Alexandre Leduc) - inspired by Galuciu by Giovannina
- Serving Sweet Magic (Ana Maria Jimenez, Iván Merino) - inspired by Snowstar by Annie
- Deconstructed Benedict (Michelle Lim) - inspired by Flemish Waffles by Goedele
- Jan in a Bag (Léa Bougeault, Jessica Pigeron) - inspired by Jan in a Bag by Gaby
- Community Bakery (Eva Zavodna) - inspired by Raisin Bread by Mahmure
There will be winners in the following categories: Design With Food, Food Product Design, Design About Food, Design For Food & Interior Design For Food. The jury consisted of notable food designers, consultants and lecturers from Europe:
- Anna Cerrocchi, design studio ONE Off, organizer of various food design events;
- Francesca Zampollo, design researcher, food design consultant & founder of the International Food Design Society;
- Karlijn Souren, independent (food) designer and lecturer;
- Marc Bretillot, food designer, creator of the post-graduate degree of Culinary Design, Art & Design University of Reims;
- Morgaine Gaye, food futurologist and lecturer. Learn more about them here!
More information about the nominated concepts will be added to our website, soon. The winners of the Grandma’s Design competition will be announced in November 2013 at a final event. Stay tuned for updates on the program and location on our website and follow us on Twitter & Facebook.
[Press release attached below, feel free to share]
news archive >>